The Alajärvi city library
The town library was the last building designed at the architectural bureau established by Alvar Aalto in 1933. The building design was based on the plan and scale model related to an administrative centre plan by Aalto in 1966. The architect in charge of the building completed in 1991 was Heikki Tarkka. Elissa Aalto was also involved in the planning work.